Next Life

 I, Hyoudou Issei, was fully enjoying my day off…or so I’d like to say, but I didn’t know whether it was actually true. At this very moment, I was joined by Ravel, and we were once again discussing the details of the Magician contract with Le Fay. Looking at the documents, Ravel said.

“With an unprecedented promotion to Special-class Devil—”

Le Fay, who was also looking through the documents, spoke.

“After all, compared to the previous time, it’s three ranks higher. Moreover, even the Magician association has no articles regarding Special-class Devils…”

At any rate, we were racking our brains on how to better change the contract due to me becoming a Special-class Devil. I said,

“However, although it’s called ‘Special-class Devil’, I wonder what it can do.”

Ravel answered.

“At the very least, it’s a higher rank than an Ultimate-class Devil, so I think it gives considerable influence. The problem is the acknowledgment as a Transcendental being in addition to that. …Because Ise-sama’s value was suddenly made into the highest grade even among Devils, I’m perplexed how the Magician contract with Le Fay-sama should be changed…”

“Because, honestly speaking, you became so higher than me to the point I can’t be a good match.”

Oh, so that’s the position I was in… Though it hadn’t sunk in, this Special-class Devil and Transcendental being stuff. I think that if it was for Ultimate-class Devil, I could have asked opinions from various people. For example, I could have asked Tannin jii-san about how it should be… Because this was the first Special-class Devil case, everybody had replied with ‘I don’t know’. And even with that Transcendental being stuff, I was told that it would be faster to ask Beelzebub-sama, who was a fellow Transcendental being. …I give up. When I became a High-class Devil, how should I put it, I felt it quite well, and was even deeply moved! I was ecstatic that I was able to achieve my object of aspiration. …But this time, I just don’t understand. With whom should I discuss it? There were many people who supported me, but what’s the best thing to do with my standing troubles? Ddraig, who was inside me, said.

[You, who achieved True Dragon Deification, possess that much. You are worthy of Transcendental being strength and presence, nothing more.]

…I indeed reached True Dragon Deification. However, becoming a Special-class being and being acknowledged as a Transcendental being didn’t feel real.

By the way, even if I didn’t use Pseudo Dragon Deification like before, there’s no more severe recoil. It’s just that, after the battle, my stamina was completely exhausted and I was suffering from muscular pain to the point I thought I would die, but there were no negative side-effects directly leading to death. Although there was such a change, I understood that my Magician, Le Fay, was a good girl.

“Whatever the conditions may be, I would like to always be with you, Le Fay.”

When I directly declared my honest thoughts, Le Fay became dumbfounded for a moment, but—the next moment her face turned bright red and she panicked.

“…T-to be told s-such words a-all of a sudden…!”

Ravel sighed.

“Ise-sama, please don’t seduce Le Fay-sama while the contract is under revision.”

S-S-So I said extremely embarrassing words, right! W-Well, but I told my honest opinion! Perhaps, that really sounded like some sort of seduction! I was flustered and said,

“B-B-By the way, what happened with Gogmagog?”

Gogmagog was partially destroyed while protecting me during my miserable time. Le Fay somehow pulled herself together and answered.

“I heard that after Gog-kun calmed down, he was sent to Grigori’s research institution. As I’m told, he will be repaired and rebuilt along with help from the next heir of the House of Agares.”

…Huh? Seekvaira-san will keep an eye on Gogmagog? …It looked like it would turn into something outrageous. That person would certainly end up remodeling him with pleasure! Based on Le Fay’s explanation, they would use imitation parts that Grigori (or rather, Azazel-sensei before he went into the isolation barrier) currently prepared, and it looked like he would pretty much return to his previous appearance, and his abilities would also be usable to a certain extent. Ravel then said.

“Which reminds me, Ryuuteimaru is still under adjustment, but I heard that they will be seriously making an engine solution along with Primordial God Eros. They said that you also should participate in it, Ise-sama.”

Oh! It’s about that matter! Grigori also contacted me about it. It was about the Primordial God Eros-sama wanting to meet with me once more after reconsidering his view on me. Now then, I wondered what kind of God the one who governed sex and love would be? However, I hoped that with this, I’d be genuinely able to use Ryuuteimaru, [AxA]. After all, during the fight with Angra Mainyu and Hades, I was in a poor condition and wasn’t able to use it… Suddenly, I remembered a certain piece of information and brought up that topic.

“By the way, I heard that girl Meredith was placed under Grigori’s supervision.”

The one who stood at the center of this incident, Meredith Ordinton, was captured and, after that, was sent to Grigori’s Sacred Gear research facility. The United Kingdom’s side also decided that her ability was too much, and that they wouldn’t be able to control her. So, they entrusted her to the Three Great Powers. Le Fay, her ex-colleague, spoke.

“Although bad Gods took hold of her, I think what she’s done is not something that can be forgiven so easily. However, it looks like you can meet with her, so I’m thinking about visiting her once she calms down.”

…For Le Fay, it must’ve been complex, but she strongly wished that they would be able to rebuild their former relationship. With a brief pause on such a topic, Ravel said after she put together contract details to a certain extent.

“Looks like there are prospects for contract revision. But more importantly, isn’t it about time?”

Because Ravel said so, I looked at the clock. It was already noon. I, Ravel and Le Fay concluded our discussion and went to the Hyoudou Residence’s garden. That was where a BBQ party was taking place. Old and new Occult Research Club members, people living in the Hyoudou Residence and all of the people concerned like the Vali Team, Sitri peerage, Sairaorg-san and his servants, Seekvaira-san and her servants, all members of the [Slash Dog] team, Dulio and reincarnated Angels, Cao Cao and the Hero Faction, His Eminence Strada, Roygun-san, Nakiri and other kouhais from Kuoh academy—and even my mom and dad! When we went into the garden, Rias gave me skewers with a lot of meat on them.

“Here, that’s the one I roasted.”

“Thanks.”

I accepted. It had delicious spicy seasoning! I looked around.

“Ah, that’s my meat.”

《First come, first served.》

A conversation between Lint-san and Bennia.

“At times like these, sausages are the best.”

“Should I go with corn?”

“I like yakisoba burned on an iron plate.”

Xenovia, Irina and Asia were eating their favorite food.

“Hey, Vali, you are eating ramen even at a BBQ?!”

“Bikou. It’s the same as the soup.”

Bikou and Vali were eating peacefully too. I also saw Le Fay handing over a roasted skewer to Arthur.

“Here, Onii-sama.”

“Thank you, Le Fay.”

A peaceful…scene. We went through a fierce battle, and once again climbed a wall between life and death. We finally defeated Hades and his allies, the [Alliance of Hell]. With this, we’d be able to enjoy tranquility for the time being. …Or so I wanted to believe. Dad and mom placed meat and vegetables on skewers and iron plates in succession.

“Hey, Ise, eat up, eat up! Gremory-san is covering expenses this time, so eat up a lot.”

“Oh, Dear. We are always in Gremory-san’s care, aren’t we?”

“That’s certainly so.”

“”Hahaha.””

Both of my parents laughed. Unintentionally, I also smiled a bit. At that time, Rias approached me. Staying at my side, she said.

“—It’s peaceful, isn’t it?”

“Yeah.”

“I think it would be good if it stayed this way, but there are still battles to fight. Please, win at the tournament and advance further.”

Right, the International Rating Game Tournament [Azazel Cup] we were participating in was still ongoing. Very soon, we, the [Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth] team would face Champion Diehauser Belial’s team [Babel Belial] in the second match. I couldn’t feel relieved. Even though the fight against Hades was over, my dream still continued. I also aimed for the tournament’s top. After all, I had promised Vali that we would meet at the top. Rias sent a glance towards Ravel.

“Besides, before long, you also have to properly resolve the thing with Ravel.”

I also shifted my gaze to Ravel. She was enjoying BBQ while smiling like a girl her age should along with her friend Koneko-chan.

“I guess so. After all, I must make all the girls who care about me happy.”

Rias smiled at my answer.

“That’s my beloved Ise.”

With a new determination in my heart, I thought that, for now, I would enjoy this peace. Suddenly, Le Fay got closer to me. While her face dyed red, she bashfully told me.

“E-Em, about the answer to the earlier matter…I think I also want to always stay by your side as your exclusive magician.”

I understood that this was an answer to ‘Whatever the conditions may be, I would like to always be with you, Le Fay’ that I said just before. Rias showed a bitter smile.

“Looks like it continues to expand. Your dream, that is.”

Yeah, since my battleharem is only beginning—

End of [Hell Disaster] arc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innovate Clear... X×X

Afterword

The Strongest Dragons