New Life

 From the end of the incident related to the Longinus [Alphecca Tyrant] and the fight against the [Alliance of Hell], one week had passed. Today, I, Hyoudou Issei, came formally dressed to a ceremony in a ceremonial hall which was located in the capital of the Underworld, Lilith. The reason was— In the ceremonial hall, important people of the Angels and Devils had gathered, formally dressed, the same as me, and so were the members of [D×D] (mainly Devils and Angels), who had come to receive their rewards, myself included. We were rewarded due to our achievements in defeating the [Alliance of Hell] and participation in the Rating Game. The said reward was promotion. Ajuka Beelzebub-sama was standing at the altar, and there, one by one, the new ranks of those who were promoted were announced and granted.

"Rias Gremory, from now on, will be an Ultimate-class Devil."

Being informed so, Rias—

"I'll receive it respectfully."

She replied like that. That's right! Rias became an Ultimate-class Devil! Furthermore, Sairaorg-san, Sona-senpai and Seekvaira-san, the [Rookies Four], each of them stood at the altar too and were promoted to Ultimate-class Devils. These weren’t the only surprises to be had. Beelzebub-sama informed Xenovia who stood at the altar.

"From the Hyoudou Issei peerage, Xenovia Quarta, High-class Devil."

"I'll receive it respectfully."

What!? Xenovia became a High-class Devil and received her [Evil Pieces]! Moreover, Xenovia wasn't the only one who became a High-class Devil. Asia, Akeno-san, Koneko-chan, Kiba, Gasper, Rossweisse-san, Shinra-senpai, Saji, Kuroka...and more were publicly acknowledged and became High-class Devils! In one breath, my comrades became High-class Devils! That just meant they did things deserving of this… Next, I and Vali were made to stand at the altar at the same time. ...As I was a High-class Devil, I would probably be promoted to Ultimate-class Devil. But what about Vali? Since Vali was already an Ultimate-class Devil. I was puzzled, but Beelzebub-sama informed us.

"Hyoudou Issei and Vali Lucifer, both individuals are now ​Special-class Devils."

—! ...Special-class Devil? This was a rank I’d never heard of! I looked back in Rias’s direction, but as she was surprised too, I understood that even Rias, who was born a Devil, had never heard of this rank. The audience who came to watch the awarding ceremony​ had become agitated and were confused too. It looked like this was something that they’d never heard of before. Beelzebub-sama said.

"This is a new rank established for them. As there was no appropriate rank for them in the current Underworld, I thought about granting the rank of Special-class Devil that is above Ultimate-class Devil."

After a short silence from hearing this, the audience burst into a wave of applause. Special-class Devil! I-I...I'm above Ultimate-class Devil! I-I was promoted by two classes! I jumped over Ultimate-class Devil! Beelzebub-sama said smiling.

"Will you receive it?"

Vali said.

"I'll receive it. It'll be more convenient having it, right?"

He replied like that. Fast! If that's the case—

"I'll receive it respectfully!"

I replied like that! From the audience, it became divided between waves of applause and cheering voices towards me and Vali. Something even more surprising was announced. Beelzebub-sama said.

"In addition, both individuals, the [Red Dragon Emperor of the Blazing Truth] and the [White Dragon Emperor of the Morning Star] will be recognised as new Transcendentals!"

[OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!]

At this moment, the audience broke out into a standing ovation with excited cheering​s. Wha-Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-! Ah, I am Transcendental!!!!!!!!???? I was unable to understand what was happening, but...thus, I, Hyoudou Issei, became a Special-class Devil and a Transcendental!

On the table of the living room, the new [Evil Pieces] were aligned. It was the part received by some of our comrades (for personal reasons, some of them didn't take [Evil Pieces]). Furthermore, the Brave Saints cards needed to make reincarnated Angels were there too. The owner of these cards was Irina.

"To think that Irina would have her awarding ceremony​ in the Underworld together with us."

I said it like that. While flustered, Irina replied.

"I suddenly became an Ultimate-class Angel though!? ...I wonder what I should do."

That's right, the Reincarnated Angel cards on the table were Irina's. Because there weren’t many capable Reincarnated Angels, Irina received a double promotion just like me. So, by suddenly receiving the cards, Irina was very confused. And then, from the Occult Research Club, those who received the pieces were Ravel, Xenovia...and surprisingly, Gasper. Because Ravel was originally a High-class Devil, she only needed to properly receive them. But Xenovia and Gasper received them because of their promotions. Xenovia said.

"I became interested in this peerage thing. So, while belonging to Ise, for some reason, I wanted to try making my peerage."

For some reason!? Xenovia didn't seem interested in becoming independent. She wanted to search for her peerage while belonging to mine. Ravel said.

"I thought it was time for me to make a peerage. Ah! I'll continue to stand by Ise-sama from hereafter too, so rest assured."

Because of the fight against the [Alliance of Hell], Ravel too seemed to be pondering something, so she took the pieces. Of course, she would continue as my manager from now on too. The problem was Gasper. I asked him.

"You took the pieces, right? What are you going to do?"

No way. To think Gasper would take them. Akeno-san, Koneko-chan and Kiba worked with their master Rias as the priority. That was why they didn't take the pieces this time. Asia and Rossweisse-san too, said it was good this time and didn't receive the pieces too. Meanwhile, Gasper received his… Gasper said.

“...I-I thought of trying to make a peerage because I-I want to become a splendid Devil like Ise-senpai and Rias onee-chan."

I see. It was the result of thinking positively. He summoned his courage and took the pieces. But it looked like he still wasn’t thinking about becoming independent from Rias. I said to Gasper while putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Somehow, I'm looking forward to it. A peerage only for you, search for it!"

"Y-Yes!"

To my words, Gasper responded full of vigour. While having such talk, Nimura Ruruko-san, Bennia and the Werewolf Rugal or Rugal-san arrived at the Hyoudou residence. Standing before the three of them, Sona-senpai said to us.

"As we discussed before, I'll entrust this side with Ruruko, Bennia and Rugal."

Actually, Sona-senpai, who would become the head of the Sitri family, would leave the front lines of [D×D] for a while. Therefore, these three names became a concern​, and she came to negotiate with us.

"I want you to entrust yourselves to them."

The three of them obeyed the will of their master. Firstly, Nimura-san was entrusted to Xenovia. Sona-senpai said to Nimura-san.

"Ruruko. Even those who can fight at the front line of [D×D] are needed. As a human resource, you are the right person​. Because, at the present​, I can't fight in the front lines, please fight in my stead."

Xenovia said to Nimura-san with a brave expression.

"You can rest assured, Ruruko. If you want to go back, you can always go back to Master Sona's place. I think that such a limit is a good thing."

Sona-senpai nodded.

"Just like that​, because I'll always let your limits open. When power is needed, at that moment, I'll be relying on you, okay?"

Hearing this, Nimura-san easily accepted and said in high spirits.

"I understand! Nimura Ruruko will rampage for a while under Xenovia-kaichou!"

Xenovia and Sona-senpai traded the [Pawn] piece, and Nimura-san became the first member of Xenovia’s peerage. The next one was Sitri's [Knight], Bennia. Sona-senpai said to Bennia.

"Bennia. You too, rather than being by my side, it would be better for you to fight under Ise-kun. Anyhow, after this battle, you and your father's position will change, so that's why, please become the bridge connecting the new system​ of the Realm of the Dead and [D×D]."

Bennia took the bowing pose.

《Understood.》

Bennia was entrusted to me. As my [Knight], Bennia became part of my peerage. I said to Sona-senpai.

"Please, leave it to me! I'll take care of Bennia."

The next was Rugal-san. Sona-senpai said to Rugal-san.

"Rugal too, please, take care of Rias, OK? Your power will definitely shine in the front lines."

Rugal-san nodded.

"I learned various things at Sitri. So, if you need my power at any time, I'll return to your side."

Sona-senpai smiled at these words.

"Is that so? You and Ruruko too, if the time comes, I'll be relying on you guys."

Rugal-san was entrusted to Rias as a [Rook]. Rias said to Sona-senpai.

"Open the limit for Rugal too, so that he can always be traded."

"Yes."

Sona-senpai nodded. Rias said to me and everyone about being entrusted with peerage members from Sona-senpai beforehand.

"The circumstances are what they are. And Sona is an important friend. So, if it is the request of such a dear friend, I'll accept it."

Rias, who had a deep affection for her peerage, immediately replied to Sona-senpai’s pleas this time. As Sona-senpai had her position too, she said that her [Rook], [Knight] and [Pawn] positions would be open. So that they could come back. In this way, Sona-senpai, I, Rias and Xenovia traded between our peerages. As a [D×D] member, I certainly wanted it even if it was a small amount of military strength. Especially those of us related to Gremory, as we went out many times to the front lines. We wanted the help of as many people as possible, so​ that was our real intention. Sona-senpai, who would become the head of the Sitri family, would help from the rearguard of [D×D] from now on while doing the politics of her territory. However, she said that if we were lacking manpower, she would officially send Saji. While having such an important thing between us comrades, Xenovia suddenly raised her hand.

"And lastly."

I asked while puzzled.

"What happened, Xenovia?"

Xenovia said.

"That's right, I forgot to say. I made Kuroka part of my peerage."

"EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!?"

We were surprised! By chance, I looked at Kuroka, and she smiled broadly.

"That's right. It became like that. Because I can't always continue being a stray cat without an owner. I was able to enter Ise's peerage genealogy. Ah, to be exact​, it should be Gremory Genealogy, nyan?"

Xenovia continued.

"Because Kuroka's original master died, we can't trade. Therefore, I asked the Maou Ajuka Beelzebub and he regulated this request for me."

"It's serious?"

I asked.

"Yes, it's serious."

Xenovia just responded boldly like that. ...So it's serious... Well, to Beelzebub-sama, it would probably be better to leave this problem child with us than her continue being a Stray. So he went through the formalities to officially place her under us? Kuroka reported to Koneko-chan.

"Shirone, it became this kind of situation."

"...The fact that you are from Xenovia-senpai’s peerage in a sense makes me worried, but congratulations. The Devil matters from now on, let's decide them while talking with Xenovia-senpai."

Koneko-san said it honestly like that. As Kuroka too gave her assistance in settling a sequence of incidents, she was awarded the High-class Devil position (however, this time, she didn't receive her [Evil Pieces]). It was better to think about various things from now on. Xenovia then said something even more shocking than the situation about Kuroka.

"In addition to that, there is one more thing. Actually, I negotiated more with the Maou Ajuka Beelzebub-sama and those artificial Transcendentals, Balberith and Verrine, will be my peerage members too, but it's something for the near future."

"....."

Without understanding what Xenovia said, For an instant, we made stupid expressions, but—

[EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!???]

Practically everyone who was in this place was taken aback and shouted in surprise! The surprise was bigger than when we heard about Kuroka! Xenovia said in a composed manner.

"I'm thinking of making my peerage with those who have special circumstances."

The one who hammered us at the last moment with these outrageous things was Xenovia—

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afterword

The Strongest Dragons

Life. END Those who bring destruction